Support for Independent Living

Are you a disabled person living in the Sheffield and want to:

  • Control your own support?
  • Decide who works for you?
  • Decide when you receive support?

SCIL can direct you to the organisations within Sheffield who can provide information and advice you need to arrange and manage you own support package.

This includes support to:

  • Identify and express your needs
  • Identify funding for your package (e.g. Direct Payments and Independent Living Fund)
  • Recruit Personal Assistants (PAs)
  • Manage your staff
  • Contract with a care agency